Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ze little grey cells just ain't working

Poirot has a virus. For those who don't know, Poirot is my laptop and he is very poorly and even though the virus is gone he is too scared to connect to the internet. This means that I don't have access to the internet at home, which sucks because:

1. I have until 31st July to submit 12 training contract applications (I've submitted 5 so far and I started in February -oops!). It was all supposed to be done by now but stupid virus messed it all up. This also might not be so bad was it not for the fact that I am fully busy both this and next weekend and doing something every night this week except Thursday but it's unlikely that I will get Poirot back anytime soon from being fixed by J-Lo.*

2.I have until 31st July to submit about 10 scholarship applications to London Law School. Which includes writing a supposedly different application for each and writing a reference from my ex-boss. She has agreed that I can use her as a reference but has said I should write the reference. Oh dear. See point 1 why this is a problem.

3. I will have to take my work PC home and think of an explanation why if someone in my team sees me - not because I am not allowed to, its none of their business, but my boss would expect that the reason is I would be doing work on it which I clearly won't be. So when it comes time for my beloved timesheet again at the end of the week, chances are it won't have as many billable hours as you would imagine someone who took their computer home, to have.

4. The new girl starts tomorrow and she will be sitting behind me. Which means I can faff a lot less at work and do things I need to do on the internet (such as write my blog, its crucially important to the survival of mankind!).

The likely result of this is that I will not get a training contract because I left it too late to submit my application (the whole point was I wanted to submit them really early so they would look at it before the deadline and hire me before others had a look in). The result from that is that I will probably have to drop out of law school within about a month because I wont be able to afford to live. Short of the Stripper-plan. Which isn't going to happen. The result of that is I will be very very upset because I want to be a lawyer. So I will be jobless, moneyless and law-school-less all because my computer got a virus. Life can be pretty strange sometimes!


*Note J-Lo is my ex-boyfriend. He is a computer geek extraordinaire. If he can't fix Poirot, nobody can. But he won't be too pleased if he reads this and realises I dubbed him J-Lo. Sorry hun... I will need to think of a better nickname but currently this will have to do.

No comments: