Sunday, July 30, 2006

It's Sunday...

...so tomorrow is Monday. I have to go to work. In reality what I should be doing right now, is prepare for my interview on Thursday. However I really can't be bothered. This weekend I have done very little of constructive value (other than bought a new suit, its LOVELY) and it's been great. I pretended to start preparing for the interview earlier but then I decided not to and have been surfing blawgs and watching High School Reunion instead. Tomorrow night I will be more productive but after all the stress of loans and suchlike I feel a break was well-deserved.

I couldn't withhold my amusement when today I received an email from Midsized City Firm LLP thanking me for my application and telling me they would be in contact soon. Amusing seeing as they invited me to an interview a week ago Friday and the interview is on Thursday. If they send me another email rejecting me, I can't see how that will help me for my interview!

Am feeling somewhat sleepy, which is a direct consequence of going to bed at 5am last night. Much fun was had with Miss V at a club in my sixthform town that we used to go to when we were underaged) that has now been refurbished into a supposedly more upmarket establishment. Unfortunately the crowd isn't likely to change. However they played a lot of tunes from our college days that the 18-year-olds had never heard of and we had much fun dancing away.

Instead of preparing for interviews I would much rather do the pre-assigned reading for law school but I can't start it now until after the interview is over and done with. The reading sounds like much more fun than interview prep!

I may have to borrow Legally Blonde from Miss B... haven't watched it for a while and clearly am not going to be doing anything constructive this evening!

No comments: