Wednesday, July 19, 2006

There's no 'I' in Team

Today's question is all about team work. Tell us about a situation where you worked with others to achieve a shared goal and what you learned. Maybe I should start posting my answers for them to be of any help to other wannabe lawyers? Or maybe not as they probably aren't very good. Maybe I'll post them if I get a training contract.

I won't go into detail but I will say that I quit my job today. I told my boss I was going to Law School (even though I might still not be going, depends on Mr Bank Manager although the rogue statement arrived today and I'm couriering it over from work tomorrow) and would be leaving. He was somewhat shocked, happy for me but also sad to see me go. Which I genuinely believe even though I have in the past not been convinced that my work think I am anything but mediocre at what I do. I don't currently feel particularly different, mostly because I still have five weeks of work to contend with. But the big boss man told the whole team so everyone on my team knows now. The rest of the company probably don't consider it of any interest, we are encased in the "Big IT Account" - cocoon.

But this evening has been productive. One application submitted and one nearly finished. I read this today which was nice. Quite handy although nothing in there I didn't already know but stuff that was probably good to reinforce. Mostly because I was slightly disheartened by Big US Firm rejecting me this morning. Now feeling slightly better with application to Midsize Basic Firm sent off and one to Large Corporate Giant almost on its way (which was not the plan, I was looking at nice little midsize boutiquey firms, not sure what went wrong... but at least it's the only one. I am not applying to the Magic Circle!)

Onwards and upwards - brain meltdown is almost complete thus I should depart to bed. I now also contribute to this fine piece of literary genius just in case you feel I don't write enough here.
I am yet to submit my first entry but I will try very hard soon!

No comments: