Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Monday...

... was boring.

I am back at my computer following a weekend break to Devon. It was lovely and sunny and I bought three pairs of shoes (so much for not shopping before going to the US... but they were on sale!!!).

However now I'm back in the real world and was harshly awoken into it by an e-mail from my parents telling me not to quit my job because I might not get another one in case I don't get the loan for Law School.

I realise they were only worried and trying to help but I was particularly upset mainly due to the fact that all the concerns they raised are the ones I am currently battling with and trying to put to the back of my mind 24-7 to stop me from going clinically insane.

So in case you hadn't guessed there is no development at the bank front. I believe calling Mr Bank Manager is probably a sensible idea tomorrow as he may well have forgotten about me again like he did before and only told me stuff was missing because I called him!

So I now have the following left to complete before next Tuesday:
  • Chase Mr Bank Manager to tell me more about my loan. Depending on the outcome of this, the rest of the things on my to-do list may become obsolete.
  • Complete a further four training contract applications.
  • Write a reference to myself (long story, its not as dodgy as it sounds but much more complex).
  • Send off two scholarship applications to London Law School.
  • Buy a suit (well that's really by next Thursday but realistically I can only do it on Saturday).
  • Read the papers so I am not embarrassed at my interview with mid-sized City firm on Thursday.
  • Find out who truly reads my blog in case I get comments about the interview.
  • Wish I hadn't written in my blog about the interview as I'll probably jinx it.
  • Sue the brainless idiot who came up with the ridiculous Halifax adverts, for common assault and psychological trauma.

2 comments:

The 'Twenty-Something' said...

Hey Susie,

Sorry to hear you're 'monday' was below average but at least you were recovering from a couple of days in Devon. BTW - where exactly? I've got an old school pal who lives in Salcombe.

It definitely sounds as though you've been keeping busy over the summer.

Good Luck on thursday. Couple of hints:

1. Don't look at the floor
2. Keep conversation flowing - pauses aren't encouraging
3. Make the effort with the suit (& shoes ofcourse)
4. Brush up on the firms background before you go (won't hurt)
5. Try and enjoy it!

(would love to give more help - but am not sure of the position - oops)

PS. The Halifax ads are pretty good - finance and breaking into song make damn good in-between telly.

Miss H

Susie Law School said...

Thanks muchly Miss H - your advice is greatly appreciated! Especially as you've already got a mini-pupillage so you know what you are talking about!:)

I was in Torquay, almost like the French Riviera (well it is the English Riviera at least).

To be fair the Halifax ads would probably annoy me a lot less were I not so stressed about legally-related matters :-)

Thanks for the support

S.