Sunday, July 16, 2006

I am productive...

Ok, only following a meander around Camden Market with Miss B (flatmate), involving great need for self-restraint upon discovering a number of awesome shops, probably targeted at goths but selling the most gorgeous corsets, hats and yes, THE 50s dress.

THE 50s dress is the ultimate prey for my wardrobe. So far I have not found the perfect one, and even the ones today were slightly questionable, but still closest I have ever come to finding it. Unfortunately the price was astronomical (the gorgeous satin corsets started at £225 to give you an idea..) and the dress remained. I am determined that on roadtrip to US I will find a swing-dancing shop or similar selling the perfect one at an affordable price.

Anyway, after that, Poirot is finally home, and we are on a mission to get me a training contract. Unfortunately its taking a long time and doing the most simple application (only requiring covering letter, positions of responsibility and work experience) has taken a good three hours. I am not impressed. I don't have such time in my hands. However another application to become part of Corporate America (yes, this one was a US Law Firm operating in Lonfon) has been completed and I can, with considerable smugness, feel like I have achieved something. I am now, like a good girl, writing a Curriculum Vitae to send to London Law School for them to give me a scholarship. Oh and the same CV will be going to US Law Firm number 2 soon also.

Somehow writing a CV is a lot more difficult that writing an application form. They have empty spaces to write sentences in. CVs seem far more arbitrary and are not my favourite way of portraying my magnificence. I am about half way through and I am sure it is not particularly good. The stuff in it is good, but the actual thing isn't. I know this because the stuff has already earned me two interviews with law firms but, alas, in application form format.

Students - please make use of your University Careers Service, you won't know what you've got til its gone!

1 comment:

The 'Twenty-Something' said...

Susie,

Thanks for the comment.

Gawd...I love Camden. Glad someone else likes the gothy clothing without the need to paint their room black! Corsets are gorge...but you shouldn't be charged more than £70 for a nice one.

Keep up writing and the cv efforts!

Miss H