Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5 days to go...

Yesterday I finished all my revision notes and sheets and diagrams and stuff and now all that is left is committing it all to memory and doing past questions. I started yesterday afternoon and last night was the first night I got home from the library and felt exhausted! I suppose this is what it will be like from now on until I finish...

But I was glad to notice that I knew a lot more than I thought I did and now need to just get on with the detail and the structures.

I haven't sat an exam in several years, and I don't really remember what it's like... I always liked them at University, so I hope it will be the same now, although perhaps not due to the excessive transport pressures (exam venue is not at the Law School and I am at the mercy of several unpredictable and capricious tubelines) and the fact that I really am not sure I will remember how to actually DO exams! He he...

But 5 days and counting before they start so I better get on with learning something about the law!

2 comments:

Lise Johnston said...

Hmmm...are law school exams like university exams? I don't know, only being a Pre-L myself. You'll have to let us know whether you still get the same sense of accomplishment and conclusion out of finishing a law exam. Good luck.

Susie Law School said...

Well my first year law exams are kinda like University exams but I'm going the Law Conversion which means I did a non-law degree at University and now I'm doing the equivalent of a law degree in a year. Here you have an academic stage (a law degree or conversion) and the professional stage which is a one-year course that I start in September.

This year it's seven papers, three hours each, three questions each, mostly on practical application along the lines of "Tony stabs Gordon in the heart and he dies. Advise as to Tony's criminal liability" etc.