Monday, May 21, 2007

1 down, 6 to go

This morning - constitutional and administrative law.

Let me just immediately get it out of the way and tell you it did NOT GO WELL! And before some of the whingier lot attack me for having too high expectations, let me save you the trouble. I worked very hard for this. I knew what the essays were going to be, and I prepared them. I was SO on track for a distinction to attempt to compensate for my dire performance in the coursework.

Not so much now.

First question was good, I think, it was exactly the angle on Public Authorities I was hoping for, but it took me too long to answer, so I only had 45 minutes per question for the other two. Unreasonableness was a DISASTER, I got halfway through and realised I had taken slightly the wrong angle, and not answered the exact question posed, and I had no argument whatsoever keeping the whole thing together. So it was an unmitigated disaster.

By the time I got to Separation of Powers I had lost the will to live! it was a very very short essay and I missed out M v the Home Office, which was such a major case, and I can't believe I didn't include it! Again, I think I was far too narrow and didn't really have an argument.

26 sides and half of it was rubbish.

Contract on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Josephine Bloggs said...

"So it was an unmitigated disaster."

I wonder. Would cheating be considered a sufficient mitigation of loss? Get scribbling in those statute books now!

Accidental Lawstudent said...

Oh, stop being negative. So you didn't get 100%...but 95 or so isn't bad. ;)

Anonymous said...

Everyone seemed to run out of time for their last question, so I wouldnt worry too much.

Gavin Whenman said...

26 sides! Bloody hell!

Hope all goes much better for the rest of the exams :-)