Saturday, August 26, 2006

Good news and bad news

Bad news first.

My second round interview outcome came alive yesterday with a brief but to-the-point email, aptly in my "Junk Mail" from HR informing me they were "unable to offer me a training contract". Bastards. I thought it went ok, not brilliantly, but ok. But I guess it should have gone brilliantly. I bet it was the stupid stockmarket question.

Good news next.

I got invited to an interview at a firm I didn't even apply to. I was going to apply but their application form had stupid questions on it so I didn't bother. However they've merged with another firm (UK training contract seekers will have no trouble establishing which two firms are in question) that I did apply to and have apparently as a result decided to give me a go.

So next week I have an assessment day on Tuesday, an assessment day on Thursday and an interview on Friday.

Fun and games. Seriously need one of these to offer me a job!!!

Off to read up on the merger now - have travelling friends coming to visit shortly to plan so don't have very long. Thanks to all for comments regarding holiday - all you stateside feel free to keep the tips coming, itinerary can be found below!

2 comments:

Susie Law School said...

Dear Law Student

The way it works in the UK is that a lot of firms give training contracts to students two years in advance of them starting the TC and pay their law school fees. Thus, I have two years of law school to come so I'm applying for jobs starting in 2008.

S.

Susie Law School said...

My degree was three years, my masters a year, a law conversion course (equivalent of a law degree for someone without law degree) is one year, then "Solicitor School" for a year.

Its all silly and complex...