Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Susie Law School v The Library

Staying at home didn't work out well on Monday. After typing up the first part of my research memo, I pretended to do research on the second part and spent most of the morning chatting to Mummy Law School and most of the afternoon talking to a boy. And then I went out for the evening.

I am in principle against studying at home, because home is for relaxing and I don't want to get it confused with work. The TV doesn't really distract me because I don't watch a lot of TV. The internet, however, does. And everything is fine as long as I don't have to do work on something online. Unfortunately my research had to be done online. You can see where it all went wrong...

Yesterday was better and I completed the research on the second part, decided it leave it in peace and think about it for a couple of days, and do some other work. But turns out stuff I needed was at school. So today I went to school. Only to find out that additional stuff I needed was at home! So I came home and have worked for a couple of hours.

Generally speaking, studying isn't going well at the moment but I have finally worked out the problem.

I don't like the library at this year's law school as much as the last one, or at University. Normally I have easily found a good spot to study, and stayed there like a happy little law student.

No such luck this year. The new library is dark and horrible, with stupid low ceilings. I like to be near a window but that doesn't seem to be an option unless I sit in one of those nasty little cubicle things, which just don't work for me. I need space. But you only get space in the middle where there is no natural light.

Ergo I blame the Law School for my lack of motivation and poor (current and hopefully temporary) work ethic! And will be staying home tomorrow. Sans turning on the computer.

4 comments:

Legal Bachelor said...

I 100% agree about not studying at home. When I was in school, I would never study at home, because I associated home with fantasizing about hot naked girls with British accents.

Paranoid Pupil said...

Hmmm, call me old fashioned, LB but I would say that there is a line between admiring a girl and posting the odd gallant comment, and being a bit creepy. I suspect that your posts would be adjudicated to fall into the latter category. Why not resort to some more decorous, old fashioned e-courtship if you are intent on pursuing Her Serene Blondeness. PP

LawSchoolBlogger said...

Yeah, I sometimes use the word "ergo" is casual writing too...
Great blog, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I love that library!

You can always study upstairs by the Halsburys or by one of the many windows!

Or you can use the library you used last year, since they have the same books.