Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back in action

So Reading Week passed with little reading taking place. I pursued some Business Accounts related work on Saturday - so much fun, lots of maths involved! :) However I soon realised where I had gone wrong during Reading Week.

Here's the thing. I did actually do a fair bit of work over the week. I did everything I had to do and a bit extra. Not everything I wanted to do, but enough. Yet I was left feeling a smidgeon guilty about my failure to work hard during the week 'off'.

This was clearly because I had decided to do lots of work, then didn't feel like it and spent some of the time I had set aside to work doing other stuff. Of course relaxation is crucial. And I did have various pre-scheduled social engagements taking place. However this was not the problem.
What I should have done was set aside a couple of days when I wasn't going to do any work and spend those days specifically not doing any work. Scheduled chilling-out time so to speak. Then some other days would have been work days and my studying would have been more concentrated. I probably still would have got the exact same amount of work done, but felt less bad about my time spent not doing work.

So clearly, it's all about how you spin it. And in the spirit of this newfound wisdom, I spent Sunday doing absolutely nothing.

No comments: