Monday, October 22, 2007

Reading week

It's Reading Week. Or what is otherwise known as "week off doing any work and then having a panic at the end when you realise you should have been doing work"

Of course none of my regular readers will be the bit least surprised that I actually plan on studying a lot this week. Today I will mostly be attacking my Legal Research coursework. Obviously I want it to be good but it seems somewhat frustrating to complete a piece of work and work hard at it, only to be assessed as "competent" or "not yet competent". That basically means that a person who got 90% is as good as a person who only got 51%. This does not bode well for my competitive streak!

However, for one day only I am conducting an experiment and staying home, instead of hitting the library - this may be a mistake.

The pros are that I only just got up, and feel rested and refreshed, there is no transport involved (well I am going out this evening but that's a whole different issue), and I will save money on lunch. The major con is that I am a library bunny at heart, and working at home sometimes poses distraction problems.

Best get on with it, wish me luck!

1 comment:

Paranoid Pupil said...

Hi LB, Agree re the grudging BVC marking system - I found my first "not competent" mark a bit harrowing, and a bit unfair. There doesn't seem to be much consistency in things, and I found the teaching truly awful in the most part - a couple of exceptions that were highlights of an extremely dull week.

Re staying at home vs library, I think that it is really tricky. I am v easily distracted and so find the home option can be pretty wasteful unless I have a v immediate deadline.

Golden rule - absolute bar on TV. One should really also bar the internet, but that would be too mean!