Friday, November 10, 2006

Maybe I could be an air hostess...

... if I fail Law School.

It's reading week and I've been doing everything but, well reading. Now before you pigeonhole me as Procrastinator of the Year, it's not my fault. I was very much looking forward to Reading Week. I made a colour coded list of all my reading and lecture notes etc to get through during the week, and I couldn't wait to get stuck in on Monday.

Unfortunately it hasn't really worked out that way. Monday afternoon work had to be abandoned due to rising temperature. Not in the house. In me. Yes it's called a fever, kids. And it persisted all the way until Wednesday. Nothing else wrong with me, no cold, cough, headache or other accompanying ailments, just a fever.

So on Thursday I was slightly (to put it mildly) panicking about the fact that I had done no work yet, and although I had watched about 15 episodes of CSI:Crime Scene Investigation and CSI: Miami, I hadn't done anything productive legally. You can understand where the Horatio Caine thing came from now, can't you...? It all started very promisingly and I finished the lecture notes I had started on Monday before I got ill, and was thus up to date with all my lectures, but I still hadn't touched the reading or the (thankfully optional) assignment due on Monday. So I cracked on, found it hard to collect my thoughts to say the least, but punched in a good 900 words of the random thoughts in my head, thinking to return to them later in the weekend.

Now the next bit I put down to the remnants of the fever still. When I decided to stop writing to have lunch and clicked to shut down Word I, for some COMPLETELY UNKNOWN REASON, selected "no" when the PC asked if I wanted to save my work. I mean WHO DOES THAT!?!?!

(Don't answer that!)

So I got in a bad mood and went out to buy more CSI instead. I don't smoke or take drugs, CSI is my release. Deal with it.

Today I studied quite a bit but it still doesn't seem to have even made a miniscule dent to the reading material I wanted to cover this week. I worked out that I will need another 7 full days to get through it all. That would be nice if there was another reading week straight away but there isn't. So I'm officially behind. A lot. Well ok, most people would say I'm not because they don't bother to even DO the reading ever, but I am a geek and proud of it. And I will get a distinction and they won't. Ha. Although not at this rate because I'm probably going to FAIL because I've done no work.

A very dedicated student most of the time though.

So dedicated in fact that I saved getting ill until the week we don't have any scheduled classes. Go figure.

1 comment:

prettylawchick said...

You have a reading week?!? I'm jealous.....

:)