Sunday, October 01, 2006

Law student 1.0

First day of law school was quite fun. Short and sweet, involved some administrative exercises, collecting 7000 textbooks and going to the pub with some of new group.

The lectures start tomorrow with a whole day's worth. The volume of reading is unbelievable but I'm quite excited. Quite glad I have a training contract already and thus don't have to get a part-time job as I seriously don't know how I would do it with the amount of time I will spend in the library.

A legal friend of mine suggested that there really is no need for me to study as all I need to do is pass since I already have a job guaranteed. I laughed and asked "Do you know me?!" I am highly competitive when it comes to academics and would never be happy with "just a pass". I want a distinction. I want to come top of my class and get the best possible grades because I can. That's just the kind of girl I am. So I'm actually quite excited about all this work, although realistically I wouldn't need to do much for criminal law, I hopefully won't ever need it and would only need a pass. But I'm still about to pick up the book and read the first chapter in preparation for Lecture number 1.

Hurrah - I'm a proper law student now!

1 comment:

The 'Twenty-Something' said...

Couldn't be more happy for you, S.

Sounds like you're "in it for the long haul." Glad you don't have easy aspirations. Good on you!

Miss H