Sunday, October 08, 2006

Law School Week 1

So, my first week of law school is behind me and I'm still very excited about it all.

I have collected about 30 textbooks, and read parts of a few of them. I've had two full days of lectures and one day of a tutorial and some more lectures, and some basic information sessions, computer registration and suchlike. Workload is heavy still, but I love it.

The thing is though, I'm not a procrastinator by any means. I am not one of those people by nature who will think of any possible excuse to not study. However I have not got as much done this weekend as I had hoped and this must be remedied to ensure the year is as productive as my times at University. I propose to you that there are two, concurrent solutions that I must thus adapt:

1) Start going to the library. The library was my haven during undergrad and postgrad. I went there with the express intention to work, and work I did. I had my little spot I would sit at for a few hours at a time (or 10 hours a day when it was exam time, lunchbreaks permitting) and get on with my work. I'm not really distracted at home as such, but I don't really want to mix business with pleasure so to speak, so tomorrow I will be off to the library like a good little law student.

2) Engage in a hectic extra-curricular life. Start going to dance classes regularly again. Examine societies, committees etc at Law School. Arrange to meet people I haven't seen in a while. This will all contribute to the hectic schedule I know and love and as a result will make me work all the more hard to keep my grades up. Hurrah! (And yes, I am one of those annoying people who is capable of still spending a whole afternoon in the pub doing nothing and getting all her work done.)

Once I get my proper timetable I'm sure it will all help me get my time organised, currently too much stuff going on to get a proper routine going. Very exciting though, all the law stuff....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad that the first weekend went well. If you're looking for some extra-curricular activities and enjoy singing, have a look at the London Lawyers Choir.

Website is http://www.lawyersmusic.org.uk/.

Rachel said...

I think perhaps my brain is out of sync. I did of course mean week!