Friday, February 22, 2008

Exam II... and III

Big day today. Civil Litigation AND Criminal Litigation both in one day! Four and a half hours of flicking through statute books, writing like a small beast and pretending my arm did not ache and it is over.

This is how it went.

Civil Litigation

Some MCQs. Some were easy, some were difficult. Sadly, my two favourite topics, foreign jurisdiction and Part 36 t offers already appeared in MCQ so no long form questions to guarantee full marks from! Managed to do all of them fairly quickly and figured there would be plenty of time for Section B (80% of the paper). Turned over to Section B and found most of it was ok, but I would have preferred different questions. Compare arbitration and mediation. talk about Tomlin orders. Case law on Summary Judgment was v sketchy. Wasn't sure what part of Security for Costs was for what part of the question, put it all down but wasn't sure if it was in the right sections. Disclosure was a disaster. Thought it would be easy marks but managed to completely confuse myself. Also completely confused myself in Particulars of Claim. This should not happen!! I am clever, I work hard. I should be ble to get many many marks for this stuff! Goodbye 100%...

Criminal Litigation

This paper was a dream!!! No rush, got everything down I wanted to say, apart from think there was more to say about bail than I said but wouldn't be too many marks. Case study was almost identical for Formative Assessment!

At least the day ended on a high.

Business Law is on Tuesday. Another very long day and bound to be the toughest. Back to the library I go tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My GOD, this is a Very Pink Blog!!
Hope the exams are going well.