Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why go to Law School...

... if you don't like the law?

Now, my regular readers I am sure (all two of you... hi mum!) have noticed that I am a geek. This is a particularly geeky post.

I love studying, and more importantly I love studying law. So far I'm enjoying Law School more than pretty much anything else I've ever studied (bar parts of my masters which are about equal to it). I love going to class, there are some bits I find less interesting than others. Surprisingly Criminal is one of those, although I have studied it before and enjoyed it then, now I'm not finding it as exciting, but still interesting of course. Luckily, I love trust law and contract, the two I'm most likely to need in practice so that's handy!

Anyway, the point of this post is not how much I love Law School but how little other people do. I have encountered so many people who find it dull and can't be bothered etc and I can't help but wonder - why bother?

Money, career prospects... I can see the appeal, but why do something you really aren't that passionate about? I mean, forty years of your life, going to work every day, at least pick a job you LIKE! I find it all very odd but I suppose everyone has their reasons...

Personally - it's like reading a really good book. I can't wait to get to the end and be a lawyer, but I don't want Law School to finish either.

Oh joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Passion is *always* a good thing! :)