Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last post of the year...

... so it's New Year's Eve and tomorrow is 2007. Scary. That means this time next year will be the start of the year when i start my training contract. Yikes.

In any case Christmas was good apart from the hysterics with the family car.

It hasn't been starting very well apparently. For about three weeks. But men are stubborn (wide generalisation I know but it is required). My dad is a man, and he is particularly stubborn. Thus he hasn't taken the car to the garage because it's "kinda" been starting.

However the other day, as we were about to set off for a trip to my two aunts' about an hour's drive away and the car wouldn't start at all. Usually it would start if you gave it a while but now it was making weird hissing sounds and just plainly refusing to budge. So it had to be pushed a bit to be started up at which point any sensible person would decide to either go home or go to a garage.

Not my dad. After a rather animated shouting match, he made the executive decision that we would carry on to my aunts', and my protests about the fact that we would not be able to get the car moving at Aunt No. 1's as there is no hill, fell to deaf ears. So off we went and as predicted the garage had to be called to tug the car along at my aunt's before we could move anywhere.

The car is now going to a garage. Thank god. Saga over. But I have been getting the bus for the first time in four years at home and thats been quite exciting!

Happy New Year everyone!!

S.

No comments: