Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Round-up of developments...

  • I have changed my comments so you can make comments now without having a blog. But they're open to my stern criticism so play nice!
  • Gavin had his first moot, unfortunately it did not quite go according to plan...
  • It took me an hour to complete a 15 minute underground journey due to severe delays. Fun - not!
  • Today we got an email inviting us to the "Official Christmas Party" - way to make it sound fun guys...
  • I got praise from one of our tutors for a good answer" in class today. I felt good about it and slightly less worried about failing... (please note all this talk about failing is just comical, I know I won't actually fail but I'm a tad dramatic!)
  • I learned today that it is possible to commit assault with Grievous Bodily Harm, on yourself. I doubt this gets enforced much... kinda like back in the day attempted suicide being a crime and the punishment being death... somewhat counterproductive methinks...
  • It's Christmas soon, I get to go Christmas shopping and go home and eat lots of food and hang out with my mum and dad lots! Yay! (no that is not sarcasm I'm actually really excited)!

    On that note, I'm off to make a cup of tea and watch CSI!
  • 1 comment:

    The 'Twenty-Something' said...

    Hey S,

    Good to finally get round to reading your post today!! Keen to inform you about a new venture of mine - UK Law Community. I've attached our MISSION STATEMENT. Please tell me what you think???

    "UK Law Community" is a group for all undergrads, postgrads, vocational stage, pupillage, trainee and recently qualified young professionals and law students in UK.

    This is a SOLO led project. In additon, we are not affiliated with any UK universities, law school establishments, law societies, firms, chambers, Inns and consultancy's here in UK. We created this group to build an massed e-community of next generation legal professionals providing an initial contact base before launching a FREE ONLINE MAGAZINE/ E-FORUM for students/young professionals at all stages based in UK.


    MISSION: AIMS & OBJECTIVES

    1. Establishing the UK's first e-community of law students
    2. To launch an ONLINE MAGAZINE for ALL UK NATIONAL law students - compiling the best events, enormous contacts base, hints and tips and advice on a career in law, in addition to those in pupillage and training contracts sharing their experiences and building their own networks. Let's share people.
    3. LAUNCH: Late 2007


    FOUNDER'S LONG TERM OBJECTIVES

    1. SPONSORSHIP
    2. To develop a NATIONAL INTERACTIVE BLOGGING capabilty for online magazine venture. In short, this will enable its readers to contribute to online debates and analysis of current legal news as well as upload online journals or 'blogs' in order to share our experiences, thus establishing the UK's 1st e-community for young & modern lawyers.

    If you fancy it - sign up to FACEBOOK and then join ULC from this link: http://uniwestminster.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2221092061

    Hoped you enjoyed CSI!!


    Miss H