Sunday, March 02, 2008

Life after Law School

Medically Brunette asked me whether I would continute my Blawg once Law School is over. I have often thought about this myself. The answer is, I don't know. Writing about Law School is one thing but once work starts the stakes are higher and I wouldn't really be able to rant with freedom about life at Big Law Firm. You must have read all those horror stories about people being fired for blogging about their jobs...

So the options are

1. This blawg will end and there will be no more.
2. This blawg will end and Susie Law School will resurface with an alter ego in a different blawg
3. This blawg will continue but become fictional
4. This blawg will continue but stop being about my life in the law.

Call now, calls cost 88p per minute from landlines, mobile costs may be higher. Terms and conditions apply.

5 comments:

Asp said...

It's something I've thought about 'Bites too, difficult decision to make.

My present feeling is that I'll carry on blogging from "Northern Law Firm" (to follow your definition) - but any 'client' stories will not be published until some time after the event. Obviously with changing names to protect the guilty and maybe twisting a fact or two, it should keep things anonymous enough.

I just won't be saying that the senior partner is overweight / incompetent / obnoxious (delete as applicable) :)

LawSchoolBlogger said...

Hmmm...wondering about that stuff too... Yeah, the stakes are so much higher....probably not worth the risk.

I'd pick the alter eto over the fictional blog...

As long as you tell us the alter ego :)

-LawSchoolBlogger

Unknown said...

Fictional would be pretty hard work wouldn't it? Writing a novel in your spare time? Although if you wanted to..

Reggae Barrister said...

I would go with option 4. You are pretty interesting and even if you aren't writing about your life in law, you are still legally blonde...neither characteristic would have changed. But the choice is up to you, what to do.

Unknown said...

come back come back come back come back come back!