Sunday, May 13, 2007

Facebook

I thought it was about time I wrote about this phenomenon... the inspiration to this came from finding an ex-boyfriend on it today by doing one of those e-maill contact searches. I imagine he is married now and everything but it is still very bizarre.

I have encountered many a person on there whom I never thought would get roped into such a thing, but have also got in touch with many friends whom I never thought I would speak to again. The internet is bizarre - we cannot manage to keep in touch with people in more conventional ways but are quite happy to chat away on each others' walls and suchlike.

A shining example of the horrors of Facebook is the fact that a small rift erupted between some friends of mine, when one of them failed to invite the other to a social event, on the basis that an invite went out on Facebook and the other person is not a member.

Bring back carrier pigeons...

3 comments:

Josephine Bloggs said...

Is that your prescribed mode of communication? What about invitations put into an official letter box or into the hands of an employee of the Post Office authorized to receive letters? What about smoke signals? Semaphore? Morse code...?

Bring back primary school, I say...

Anonymous said...

get back to revising.

Josephine Bloggs said...

Eek! Beware the Revision Police!