Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Non-holiday Post

... to break up the holiday stuff. The holiday stuff is for me as much as you guys and for people whose inboxes I don't wish to overload with huge emails. This is easier. Many are not regular readers so do not fret.

Tomorrow is first day of Law School. I think I know what I'm going to wear. Shockingly, it's not pink. But I am going to wear my new shoes that I purchased today. I'm not really nervous but it will be weird to go somewhere this significant and not know anyone. I haven't done that since I started University six years ago. My passport photos look awful. I'm not sure if my little suitcase will hold all my books. I also don't think I'm taking the right handbag but I will just have to make my peace with it as I didn't buy a better one.

Tomorrow is enrolment, getting books, student IDs, meeting tutors, getting timetables etc. I don't want there to be any hot men in my group. In my lectures, fine but not in my seminars. That would be distracting. If there is a choice between hot men in my seminars and no hot men at all, I would rather have no hot men at all. I'm going to learn about the law and get distinctions in all my assessments. Anything else is secondary.

I've done my nails, now I'm making a piece of toast and then going to bed. Tomorrow's gonna be weird!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You'll do just fine honey. In fact, you'll have done just fine by the time that you get this. And, no matter what happens, you get the day off tomorrow...

Rachel said...

The first person that I met on my first day of law school became one of my closest friends - and the only person (from law school) that I am still in touch with two years later.

The 'Twenty-Something' said...

Good Luck S!

Aww...you madde it ahead of me! Due to my transfer arrangements, I've probably got another week before I settle in. But like law student said, try and bump into people. Try not to be self-conscious. Who knows who you could meet!

Miss H

Susie Law School said...

I don't know if I made any friends yet. I met some people who were nice, I don't know if they think the same of me.

There are no hot men yet. None. But that's ok. Tomorrow I will get to check out the rest of the course so I will give you an update on that (some of you I'm sure are more interested than others...)