Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Invaluable LPC advice

Last year I reported my puzzlement with outlining.

In academic study this was never appealing to me in any other sense than revision notes. I still maintain it is just revision notes but I can see the as due to the different teaching styles across the pond where revision only becomes similar at a later stage in education when big nasty finals start to rear their ugly head.

In comparison to academic study the LPC is a whole different beast altogether. Gone are the days when you would have a lecture on a topic one week and then a seminar on the same topic the week after. Now everything is all over the place, information strewn across the curriculum left right and centre.

So, I have started outlining.

Ok when I say outlining I really mean that instead of making revision notes by hand I am doing them on my trusty PC. The significant benefit of this being that I can write down all the information from my lectures and seminars, combine pieces of law from enough pieces of paper to annihilate all the forests in Sweden, and then work out what is linked together and move it all around. Obviously with handwritten notes once you've written it down, the whole thing becomes much more confusing if you realised something else was relevant and you didn't put it in!

Potentially, dear readers, you may feel this is one of my less enticing topics. However, there is a point to it. The point is - consolidate. When they say this all the time on the LPC they are not kidding. The contents are bitty, you get lots of pieces of information and it is up to you to make sense of it.

So, boys and girls, do not leave it all until the last minute. No time like the present. You will thank me later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you might want to sell your LPC notes? I am starting the LPC in Sept '08.

Let me know please! :-)